Ever been bothered by the fact that Windows Explorer and the file dialogs in your applications don't show thumbnail previews of certain image types, such as tga? This free tool by Koshigaya Studios allows you to add support for a lot of additional types (tga, psd,...).
- Open your model in 3DPainter.
- Enter projection paint mode.
- Export the reference layer.
- Open the reference layer in The Gimp.
- Paint using the tools of The Gimp and save the resulting image back to file.
- Import the image into 3DPainter and project it onto your model.